State Bank of Pakistan is facilitating you by providing an amazing service. We all know that Eid-ul-Fitr is not so far away and most people must be wondering how and from where to get a new currency note. In order to give Eidi to children and deserving people, we all prefer to get new currency note but sometimes it becomes so difficult. Like every year, SBP is making the procedure so easy for you. You only have to send one simple message.
The issuance of new currency note via SMS service will start today and will be closed on May 31, 2019. The service is available on a first come, first served basis.
Get New Currency Note By Sending one Simple SMS
The procedure of getting a new currency note is very easy. You only have to send some info in an SMS.
- Write ID card number In a Message
- <space> and now write the ID number of the selected bank branch.
- Once you send the SMS, you will get an SMS containing redemption code, e-branch address and the code validity period.
- The new currency notes will be issued on providing the received transaction number and original CNIC from the respective Bank branch.
- You will be able to get a bundle of Rs. 10, Rs. 20, Rs. 50 and Rs.100 currency notes, with the help of this SMS service, depending upon the availability of the stock.
The service will be provided through 1702 e-branches & 16 SBP BSC offices in 142 cities across Pakistan to ensure maximum geographical coverage.
It is important to note that the Redemption code received by you will be valid for two (02) working days as per the mentioned dates in the SMS.
.After that, you will have to approach the concerned e-branch along with your original CNIC/Smart card, a photocopy of the CNIC/Smart card and transaction code received from 8877 in order to new currency notes.