Microsoft Outlook desktop application is a sustainable software that is protected by SSL and TLS security encryptions provided by Microsoft. Yet it sometimes shows [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error. When Outlook causes errors like such, then the work becomes uneasy and tedious. For a non-technical user, such bugs could hinder productivity. So, I will provide solutions to fix the issue with the help of effective methods.
First, let’s understand why the given error occurs. Read from the next section to know more.
Why does the Error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Occur in Outlook?
This issue occurs when a user tries to connect to the mail server via SSL encryption, and the connection does not establish. Moreover, it could be possible that SSL encryption is disabled for the email account. There are two types of encryptions provided by the SMTP servers for sending and receiving emails, i.e., SSL and TLS. If one encryption does not connect due to incorrect settings, the mentioned error can appear.
Now, I will explain what happens when this error occurs.
What Happens When Outlook Error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Occurs?
When this error occurs in Outlook, the following symptoms can easily be seen:
- The Windows OS starts to crash irregularly.
- Applications stop responding, and the device needs to restart.
- The Mouse and Keyboard take too long to respond.
Here, I have explained the symptoms of Outlook error. In the next section, I will provide the best solutions to dissolve the above-mentioned error.
Important Note: [pii_email_e7ab94772079efbbcb25]
Methods to Fix pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 Error in Outlook
There are many ways a person can fix this error. So, to help you get off with this bug, I have provided the best methods as described below:
- Reconfigure SMTP and POP server settings.
- Use SCANPST.exe to Repair PST files.
- Check/Delete Duplicate account.
- Repair MS Office application from Control Panel.
The above-given methods are as explained below, so keep reading to fix the error instantly.
#1. Reconfigure SMTP and POP Server Settings
To fix error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 in Outlook, you need to configure SMTP and POP server settings. Follow the steps given below:
For MS Outlook 2016:
- Run MS Outlook on your device.
- Go to File Menu >> Info >> Account Settings >> Manage Profiles.
- In the Mail Setup box, click on the Email Accounts tab.
- Here, select your email account and double click on it.
- Tap the More Settings button.
- Now, check the Outgoing Server is set to My SMTP server requires authentication.
- Then, go to the Advanced tab and check for IMAP and SMTP server port number settings. (As shown in the image below)
- IMAP: 993
- SMTP: 465
- After this, check that the encrypted connection is set to SSL/TLS. (As shown in the image above). Then, click on the OK button.
Using the above-given method, the user can easily configure SSL encryption settings and fix the issue pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 in Outlook 2016. To configure SSL encryption settings in MS Outlook 2010 and 2007, follow the next section.
For MS Outlook 2010:
- Start MS Outlook Application on your system.
- Go to File tab >> Info >> Account Settings >> Account Settings.
- Here double-click on your email account.
- Select More Settings options
- In the Advanced section, check the IMAP and SMTP port settings. (As shown in the image below)
- IMAP: 993
- SMTP: 587
- After this, check if the encrypted server connection is set to SSL and TLS. (As shown in the image above). Click the OK button.
For MS Outlook 2007:
- Launch Control Panel on your computer. Set View By to Large category. Choose Mail settings.
- In the Mail setup box, click on the Email Accounts option.
- Select the mailing account and choose the Change button.
- Go to More Settings.
- Now check in the Advanced menu that the Incoming and Outgoing server settings are-configured as mentioned below. And, also check the encryption method is set to SSL. (As shown in the image below). Tap OK to close the settings.
- IMAP: 993
- SMTP: 465
#2. Use SCANPST.exe to Repair PST files
SCANPST.exe is an Inbox repair utility provided by MS Outlook to repair corrupted PST files. Thus to fix the error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6, you need to remove PST corruption using SCANPST.exe. Follow the given steps:
- Open Windows Explorer on your computer.
- Now, go to the following location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14. This will open the location where Microsoft Office files are-installed.
- Here, search for the SCANPST.exe application. Then run the program on your system.
- Browse the .pst file and click on Start to proceed with the repair process.
- Next, choose the Make Backup option. Then select the Browse button to set the location of the backup file. Now, select the Repair option to finish the process.
#3. Check/Delete Duplicate account
The error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 can also appear if the MS Outlook is-configured with duplicate accounts. The steps mentioned below will remove duplicate accounts:
- Run the Control Panel on your device.
- Set View by to a large category. Then click on the Mail settings option.
- Select the Email Accounts menu.
- In the Account Settings, select the duplicate account, and click on the Remove button.
#4. Repair MS Office application from Control Panel
The MS Outlook error pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6 can also occur when the MS Office application needs a repair. So, to repair the MS Office application, you need to follow the given steps:
- Open the Control Panel application on your system.
- Choose to Uninstall a Program option.
- Here, Select the MS Office application, and click on the Change button.
- Select the Repair option. Click on the Continue tab.
- Follow the instructions as provided to Repair the MS Office application.
- Then restart your system and launch the MS Outlook application.
With the provided steps, you can fix the above-given error.
MS Outlook is an essential utility that enhances safe and sound working. But many times, the MS Outlook may show the error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. So, to fix the mentioned error, I have provided self-tested methods. Even the non-technical user can fix this error in MS Outlook easily using the given methods. You can also use Outlook Recovery Tool to fix this error. Try it.